Thursday, August 5, 2010

Postcard Poetry: Day 9

Hi all. Not sure if anyone noticed except CAS, but I didn't post a postcard yesterday! No worries, I did write a poem, take pics and mail it, but the posting on the blog did not happen then. So today you get 9 and 10. What a treat! Here goes:





Translation:
_____

Dirty

Cockroaches -- if you see one,
there are likely thousands 
more in the dark spaces
between your walls. Hundreds
of crunchy, invincible insects
now haunt my sleep; I imagine
six bugs crawling inside
the pair of jeans on the
floor. Something runs along 
my leg in bed -- I scream
"cockroach!" -- but it is only
my pillowcase unraveling.
_____

jb

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I want this painting in the same size in different color backgrounds. Blue, yellow, red, purple, green, orange, etc. I will frame them individually and put them up and lovelovelove them. looks like cityscape! amazingggggg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I would love to do that for you! -- On this one is says "blue" in the background in pastel; would you like yours to say each color, or make a sentence, or not have words behind them? Let me know!! lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND I LOVE IT EVEN MORE NOW

    yes i want them to say things. let me brainstorm. 4 letter words, not colors. ooooohdang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Fun project. I will email you with deets :)

    ReplyDelete