Friday, August 6, 2010

Postcard Poetry: Day 11





Translation:
_____

Once in a Blue Muse

You bring me a bowl of blueberries
and dark chocolate. This
is what sweetness tastes like.
I dream of lying in a darkened
cemetery, bare arms & legs
on cool concrete slabs,
hand gripping the
handle of an axe -- fear.
My sister and I pretend to be
mermaids in blue water, under
blue sky. Oh blue, you take
many forms -- ripe, icy, supple,
clear. /

_____

Note: I received a postcard with the title "Once in a Blue Muse", which inspired this poem. I will start posting the postcards I received soon. So far I have received four lovely postcards! I have to say this project is getting much more rewarding the longer it goes on, and it really helps to be getting poems in the mail. Thanks to all for reading, too; it is really most appreciated. :) Happy Friday!

jb

No comments:

Post a Comment